A number of Dublin City streets will go traffic free from tzo-day to facilitate outdoor dining.
Capel Street and Parliament Street will go traffic free on Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings from 6.30pm to 11.30 pm for a period of six weekends on a trial basis.
Dublin City Council say once the trial is complete, they will assess the outcome.
A section of Capel street will be permanently pedestrianised from tomorrow. The section between Parnell Street and Ryders Row will be closed to all vehicular traffic 24/7 from 7am tomorrow, the 11th of June.
The rest of Capel Street, south of Parnell Street down to the Liffey and the side streets are part of the six week trial for weekend evenings.
Streets which will be partly traffic free are:
• Little Britain St. from Campbell’s Court to Capel St.
• Mary St. from Jervis Lane Upper to Capel St.
• Mary St. Little from Anglesea Row to Capel St.
• Mary’s Abbey from Aran St. to Capel St.
• Abbey St. from Jervis Lane Upper to Capel St.
• Strand St. Little from Aran St. to Capel St.
• Strand St. from Jervis St. to Capel St.
• Essex Gate from Exchange St. to Parliament St.
• Essex St. East from Sycamore St. to Parliament St.