More than a dozen homeless families have been told by The Gresham Hotel that it will not be offering emergency accommodation from next month.
Some 14 families have been informed that the Dublin hotel will not be accepting them from January 31 onwards. The Gresham had been paid by Dublin Regional Homeless Executive (DRHE) for the families to use the accommodation.
A spokeswoman for the DRHE said that it was made aware of the decision two months ago and was confident of locating alternative temporary homes for these families by the deadline at the end of the month.
It is anticipated that family hubs will be the most likely relocation.